Thursday, June 26, 2008

Some Valuable Experience.

I have a problem with my kitchen sink since yesterday,I don't know whether it is clogged or what,but the water just won't go through,filling the sink basin.I called my landlord so he came this morning with some chemical that is use to clear clogged pipe.It didn't work,he gave the number of a plumber he knew,ask me to give him a call,and later deduct the bills from this month rent.I don't have any problem with that,only I have on me just a few dollars to get to the end of the month,and I know how plumber in my place charge for their work.

I know how they charge because I use to help my friend who is a plumber while I was in my hometown.The charge is 4 to 5 times than it should be,simply because the work look difficult and messy,but actually very simple if you know how.So using my experience,I do it myself and everything is OK now,except for all the water on my kitchen floor!I manage to do it without replacing any part and using what I have available in my house.

What makes people willing to pay high for it?It surely is messy,you will get all wet sometimes,if it is clean water than it is still OK,but if it is not?The charge will be higher for toilet jobs!Charge will be higher too if the pipe is in the wall or floor,and if there are things that need to be replace,the pipe,the connector,elbow joint.You can easily get 3 days pay just for 1 job!

My life have not been easy,so I learn to do many odd jobs just to sustain myself.I sell cakes my mother made by setting a table by the roadside,I run a stall with a friend selling food,then later become a cook when his friend ask for help when he open up a restaurant,I made the drinks too sometimes.Then I got my break and manage to get a good job as an executive in a computer company,until I manage to set up my own company,but then I ran out of luck so I have to struggle again,this is when I help my plumbing friend,I can also do some electrical work,sometimes I help my contractor friends build house or do paint jobs..This is all good experience because it will be useful to you one day,like what happen to me today.

Rich people can always pay people to do jobs for them,even the simplest of task they can afford to pay someone else to do it,but me,I learn to do lots of things,so during times like this,all that experience sure come in handy.If I have some money,I want to start my own cafe,I will design the interior my self,I know the material so I can look and buy it from the best deal I can get,and I can ask some of my friend to help me with all the construction,plumbing and electrical jobs.Hope my dream will one day come true..Maybe I'll name it The Bloggers Cafe.

No comments: