Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I'm Doing What I Want To Do.

I actually wanted to write my post about 4 hours ago,after having my dinner.I was positioning myself in front of my quite old but faithful PC(I bought this Celeron 1.7GHz PC in 2003..I know,it is old considering the lifetime of a PC,but without it,I certainly can't do what I'm doing now and I am really thankful for it)when suddenly I feel everything moving..the monitor is shaking,the cpu is also shaking and I'm also shaking!I was really shocked because I really felt everything was moving and shaking,especially so because I live on the 4th floor of a 5 stories apartment,and on a hill..even though it only lasted for about three seconds,but I felt really shocked,really scared.After about 20 minutes,I felt another one,but not as strong as the first.I'm sure there must be an earthquake somewhere and I pray not in China again.I still feel a bit dizzy up until now.After the second time I felt it,I switch off my PC and go down hoping I will meet somebody who also felt it,but everyone else seems to be doing their business like nothing happen!So I just wait down there for a while before going back to my apartment again.

I actually want to wrote about using free blogging platform.I read somewhere(I intentionally won't mention where)about someone(Again intentionally not mentioning names) who wrote about 5 reason why nobody like your blog in which one of the reason is using free blogging platforms.I know,all of the seasoned bloggers says that you have to have your own domain,your own hosting because it looks professional,it shows that you are serious about blogging,and because you don't even have to pay thousands of dollars to have it.OK..what if you are serious about blogging,you have good writing skills,you choose a niche that you know,and you know it very well,but you don't have the money to have all those domain and hosting thing,so you opt to use the free platform,Bloggers maybe.Are you not going to be popular?This guy says it as though he is the authority figure in the world of blogging!Is there any certain rules about blogging?Is there anyone with the authority to decide anything,and if there is so,who give him the authority?I agree that having your own domain,your own hosting can do you a great deal of good,but what if you are broke,but you want to blog,not because you will be getting money for it or using it to get some kind of immediate income,but you wanted to build your blog,build your reputation so maybe someday you can make some money too.I am one such person..I've seen people using websites to scam people,is that professional?I've even seen one website,being setup just because the webmaster wants people to make donations so he can become the first person in the world to earn $1 million doing nothing!I really like the old saying..Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover.I personally don't care whether it is a website or a blog,a free or a paid one,I look at its content,what good can it bring,what value can it give to others.

Talking about donation,I came across this post in one of the forums I joined.It is about this forum member who is asking for donation to help care for his younger brother who have been paralyzed because of an accident.He would give away an ebook that he wrote to anybody who wants to make a donation.I simply can't afford to donate any amount of cash at this moment because of the situation that I'm in,but I can certainly help by spreading this message through my blog,and anyone who read this,who can spare some extra cash for a good cause please do so.You can check it out for yourself by visiting the website I provide below.If this turn out to be some kind of scam whatsoever,I certainly have no part in it,because I'm doing this out of the feeling of needing to help a fellow blogger.

Franklin Bishop Website - http://themakemoneyebook.com/blog.html.
His Brother My Space page - http://www.myspace.com/fundjordan.

Please visit the websites for more details.


No comments: